Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Five things.




1. Spring has finally hit my cold corner of the world, as shown by these photos taken in my garden. I have no words for my excitement. This has been the longest, coldest winter I've ever experienced. Bring on spring!






2. I only have about a month left on my pregnancy! I still haven't quite gotten my head around the fact that I'm going to have a baby that I'm supposed to care for and stuff.

3. Revisions on The Opposite of Dead are going well. After two years of working on it (on and off), I finally gave it to my first reader. And she loved it! Her feedback was so excellent and all the things she said made me cry! I'm hoping some more people might get to read it one day.

4. I appear to have finally broken out of my first draft slump, which is relief because I've been stuck there for about a year. I recently gave myself the goal of writing 1000 words a day until the baby is born, and not only have I been reaching that goal, but I've also been going over. I broke the 15k mark on my WiP yesterday! It goes to show: all you need are small, achievable goals.

5. I've also been in a reading slump for most of this year (I might blame that on the pregnancy) but I've finally broken out of that too! And it was a couple of Aussie authors that did it for me. I've read the first two books in Jaclyn Moriarty's Asbury/Brookfield series (although, they're not technically a series, more a series of companion novels) as well as A Brief History of Montmaray by Michelle Cooper. It feels good to be reading books I cannot put down again. It's been too long.

What are five things going on with you guys?

5 comments:

  1. I'm beyond jealous of your spring. We had a late spring and are having an early autumn. And it's already cold--not predicting a great winter.

    I wish I could break out of my first draft and reading slumps. Unfortunately, I'm teaching a new college-level class and it's eating up all my free time. Plus some.

    Enjoy your last month of pregnancy! I'm excited to see pictures of the little guy soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've had a hot hot summer and I'm SO ready to morph into fall (which here in Texas, isn't very autumn-like, but it should be less humid and I'll take it!). I'm still in the query trenches and losing hope, but I've been pouring myself into a new WIP and I'm still in the honeymoon phase. :)

    Yay for your last month of pregnancy and getting out of that first draft slump! Great reminder on having small achievable goals. I need to get back into the 1k a day habit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm jealous - I love spring, but it's almost fall here.:) Enjoy the last month before your little one arrives. Having a newborn is really fun (I loved snuggling with mine), but the no sleeping part is awful!

    I also tagged you over at my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on your revisoins going well BEST FEELING EVER

    also JACLYN MORIARTY !!! I LOVE HER. her sisters are awesome as well.

    i have montmaray on my shelf, too. just waiting for me. you've inspired me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY SPRING AND BABIES AND WRITING! You're awesome. :)

    Five things I'm doing:

    Waiting for edits.

    Waiting for news on my husband's job

    Waiting to move out of my inlaw's house.

    Waiting for fall to start.

    Waiting for all the book PR stuff to get rolling.


    There might be a theme here....

    ReplyDelete