1. Spring has finally hit my cold corner of the world, as shown by these photos taken in my garden. I have no words for my excitement. This has been the longest, coldest winter I've ever experienced. Bring on spring!
2. I only have about a month left on my pregnancy! I still haven't quite gotten my head around the fact that I'm going to have a baby that I'm supposed to care for and stuff.
3. Revisions on The Opposite of Dead are going well. After two years of working on it (on and off), I finally gave it to my first reader. And she loved it! Her feedback was so excellent and all the things she said made me cry! I'm hoping some more people might get to read it one day.
4. I appear to have finally broken out of my first draft slump, which is relief because I've been stuck there for about a year. I recently gave myself the goal of writing 1000 words a day until the baby is born, and not only have I been reaching that goal, but I've also been going over. I broke the 15k mark on my WiP yesterday! It goes to show: all you need are small, achievable goals.
5. I've also been in a reading slump for most of this year (I might blame that on the pregnancy) but I've finally broken out of that too! And it was a couple of Aussie authors that did it for me. I've read the first two books in Jaclyn Moriarty's Asbury/Brookfield series (although, they're not technically a series, more a series of companion novels) as well as A Brief History of Montmaray by Michelle Cooper. It feels good to be reading books I cannot put down again. It's been too long.
What are five things going on with you guys?